The M&P9 Shield EZ is a compact, everyday-carry variation of Smith & Wesson’s popular M&P pistol line that is designed, first and foremost to be easy to use. Compact pistols chambered in 9mm are typically blowback operated, which requires a stiff recoil spring that is hard for shooters with limited hand strength to operate.
The M&P9 Shield EZ is engineered to require significantly less force than similar pistols to rack the slide. Deep serrations as the rear of the slide provide an excellent gripping surface for racking. Aggressive texturing on the grip firmly anchors the pistol in the shooter’s hand – a big help in racking the slide AND in controlling recoil – while the 18° grip angle offers a natural point of aim.
The EZ’s other features include:
- Thin & lightweight – easy to carry all day
- Easy-to-rack slide
- Easy-to-load 8-round magazine
- Easy to disassemble for cleaning
- Easy-to-acquire, 3 white dot sights with windage adjustable rear
- Picatinny under-frame rail – easy to mount a light or laser sight
- Visual / tactile loaded chamber indicator
- Reversible magazine release button
Unusually refined for a compact carry pistol, the M&P380 Shield EZ’s single action trigger has a crisp break and a distinct reset you can both feel and hear, giving the shooter feedback and precise trigger control like a full-size M&P. Unlike the rest of the M&P line, the EZ’s trigger face does not have a built-in passive safety; there’s a grip safety instead.